One would think I forgot this blog existed based on the extended silence! But it’s really just that I have made a breakthrough parenting discovery… These little people take up a LOT of your time!! You may thank me for unravelling this mystery in the form of Starbucks giftcards.
On to the real star of the show, how about a few Cadence updates??
– sleeping through the night! 7:30 to 6:30 (give or a take a little) that miracle was brought to our household thanks to Laura at ‘Moms On Call’
– eating cereal plus a puréed veggie twice a day
– sits and plays with toys in her highchair
– LOVES her jumper and excersauser
– can officially get toes into her mouth (eww!)
– says “ma-ma-ma-ma” often
Here’s a couple pics…
Cadence had her four month well check this week and weighed in at 14 lbs 3 oz and is 25.23 inches long!
Based on the doctor’s recommendation and the fact that Cadence won’t take a bottle, we are starting rice cereal!! So daddy made a trip to the store and came back with several boxes of baby cereal (apparently he didn’t want to get sent back!) Aunt Carolyn was the family photographer so we actually have photos 🙂
Here we go….!
“mom, I’m busy… Don’t you see my toys??”
“mmmm!!” Her current approach to eating is to try to slurp in the cereal. So cute!
“ok, I got this. I can do it myself…”
So I think we can call the first cereal meal a success! However it did NOT result in that magical ‘feed her cereal and she will sleep through the night’ that everyone talks about. I’m guessing it’s because that requires the cereal to be IN her and not just ON her. We will keep trying! I have a feeling bathtime is going to become a more frequent occurrence around here 😉
Cadence is four months old today!! She’s had a very full day and only one highlight was rolling from her back to her tummy for the first time. Once again, Meatball gets the credit for being an inspiration in the crossing of this milestone! Here’s series of photos …
“hey mom look at me!!”
Cadence got to go to her first age appropriate social function while we were in NJ. It was her friend Taylor’s first birthday (ok… Momma’s friend Sarah had a party for her younger daughter Taylor’s first birthday).
Cadence had a blast and momma took notes on how to throw an impressive baby birthday party… Only 8 months left to plan 😉 feel free to submit themes now!
Happy First Birthday to a wonderful little girl!! Thanks for including us Taylor 🙂
Ok so a little behind but here it is nonetheless … A turkey day update!
Brent had to work on Thanksgiving so my awesome sister braved the trip from DC to the Eastern Shore and then up to NJ with Cadence and I. I’d like to say it was the first of many fun girl trips, but I think we are all hoping that drive is never repeated again! Ahhh I don’t know which of us I feel the most sorry for… Care with all the driving, Cadence with all the screaming of me. Haha…
Cadence before all the yelling…
We spent the long weekend at Brent’s parents along with Grandma Jane. There were no shortage of ppl to love and hold the baby, especially on Thanksgiving Day.
It’s hard work being the center of attention too! Passed out in Mimi’s arms
And of course the highlight of the day was a gorgeous table full of delicious food and happy family. Cadence had to watch but she didn’t seem to mind 🙂
Although it looks like she will be ready for her own plate next year!!
Hope you had a wonderful start to the holiday season…
Cadence and I enjoyed a rainy day just hanging out… She is getting to be such a big girl! And that’s not just a reference to her weight… She officially slept through the night last night, going down without crying at 9 PM and waking up happy at 6 AM! Speaking of happy, her mama was thrilled 🙂 I’m not necessarily anticipating a repeat performance every night, but I’ll take it when I can get it.
She’s also coming out of an awful spell and starting to nap well again!! This feels like a major improvement to both me and her daddy as the phrase “we just can’t get enough of her” does not apply to a whiny and fussy exhausted baby. 😉
In other minor milestones I’m pretty sure she’s teething, has her hands are currently her favorite toy along with anything else she can put her mouth, accompanied by copious drooling. But I think her first tooth is probably still a long way off. As her primary food source, I certainly hope so 🙂 she thinks perhaps she’s ready for food, see?
We’re spending this evening just hanging out at home, picking up house a little. Well I’m picking up Cadence is supervising…
Okay Cadence says I need to get back to work so that’s all for now!!
UPDATE… Just thought I’d share the view from here… Playing airplane with Cadence before bedtime!
Wow. So I feel like this blog has become my Everest. I’ve been daunted by how “far behind” I am in updating it… but each day that goes by makes that problem worse! So we will just have to accept that I’ve missed posting about a milestone or two and move on together… sound OK?
Without further ado or apologies… here are some highlights from the month of October! (yes, I realize we are half way through Nov)
– Cadence took her first trip (since being born) to New Jersey! I had a work event the second week in October so the three of us trucked up to NJ so that Brent had reinforcements for his all-day daddy-daughter time with Cadence. She (and he!) did great! After just a little bit of trial and error she took a bottle from her dad, took naps on schedule and was generally wonderful! At least that’s what I heard from her Mimi. She may be biased 😉 This trip also gave Cadence a great opportunity to meet more of her Franklin family for the first time. It was really a great week!
Hanging Out with Daddy while Mom is at work:
A little play time with cousins Drew and Will:
Ahhhh…back with mommy after being apart all day!
– After a great week in NJ we had a harrowing drive to suburban DC to see the other side of the family. Between rain, traffic, and a screaming baby it was a drive we hope NEVER to repeat. Cadence is definitely still 50/50 about her carseat. Yikes. However, it was worth it! She got to have some quality time with her Grandma and her Aunt Carolyn. They even babysat while Brent and I went to a Redskins game with some work contacts. It was a great weekend!!
iPhone lessons with Aunt Carolyn
Mom and Care, looking perhaps a little tired but triumphant after successful babysitting =)
Ok… speaking of time flying, that’s all I have time for right now! I will have to post more later… but this is a start right??